- There are certain rules every working member of the royal family is expected to follow.
- Now that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have resigned, there is plenty of protocol they no longer have to abide by, like not being allowed to hug fans or sign autographs.
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were previously expected to follow the Queen’s “never complain, never explain” mantra, and all of their communication with the public was monitored by Buckingham Palace.
- They broke this rule when they published a personal message announcing their departure from their senior roles, which was reportedly posted on Instagram without the consent of the palace.
1. They can hug and kiss their fans.
2. They can sign autographs.
3. Markle can go back to acting.
4. Markle and Harry are no longer required to represent the Queen at official royal family events.
5. They don’t need to have a christening service for their next child — and if they do, it’s likely they won’t follow royal tradition.
6. Harry and Markle will no longer be addressed as “Your Royal Highness,” and instead will be called by their first names.
7. They can show PDA in public — though the couple was never shy about breaking that rule, to begin with.
8. The duke and duchess no longer have to follow the Queen’s “never complain, never explain” mantra.
9. Markle could start dressing the way she used to before becoming a royal.
10. Prince Harry could also start dressing more casually.